Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

24 February 2008

No More Tamer

So the Tamer Tamed symposium is officially over, thank Jesus. Now I can get back to writing my thesis and actually doing the homework for the class I'm taking. (I'm taking a class called U.S. Latino/a Theatre & Performance, by the way. It's a blast.)

So tonight after the Oscars I plan to start writing Chapter Three. I have decided to write about Mark Ravenhill's plays Handbag, Mother Clap's Molly House, and Some Explicit Polaroids. I was going to tell you what my angle is, but it has no real theoretical basis and so it may end up changing as I start to write. I don't know yet. As of now, my thesis defense date is March 26th, which means the whole thing (i.e. chapter three and the conclusion) needs to be finished and to my committee two weeks prior to that, or March 12th. This date, you might have noticed, is less than three weeks away. I don't know how this is going to happen, but it needs to.

Grad school is totally kicking my ass right now.

Is everyone excited for the Oscars tonight? Should be fun. This is the happiest I have been with the Academy in quite a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment