Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

12 January 2012

2011 In Review

LOVED
~ ~
1. The Tree of Life
2. Shame
3. The Skin I Live In
4. In a Better World
5. A Separation
6. Moneyball
7. The Artist
8. Poetry
9. Attack the Block
10. Midnight in Paris
11. Le Quattro Volte
12. Copie Conforme (Certified Copy)
13. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

REALLY LIKED
~ ~
14. A Better Life
15. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
16. Take Shelter
17. Win Win
18. The Descendants
19. Weekend
20. The Adventures of Tintin
21. The Trip
22. Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
23. Tomboy
24. Pariah
25. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Margin Call

Jane Eyre
Warrior
Drive

LIKED
~ ~
Albert Nobbs
We Need to Talk about Kevin
Super 8
Chico & Rita
The Lincoln Lawyer
Blackthorn
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Bridesmaids
Melancholia

W./E.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Tyrannosaur
The Mill & the Cross
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
The Three Musketeers
Young Adult
Rio

LIKED MORE THAN I DISLIKED
~ ~
Hugo
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
My Week with Marilyn
Thor
Beginners
Immortals
Rampart

 Puss in Boots
A Cat in Paris
War Horse
To Die like a Man
Carancho
A Dangerous Method

The Iron Lady
The Ides of March
Another Earth


BARELY LIKED MORE THAN I DISLIKED
~ ~
The Devil's Double
In Time

Crazy, Stupid, Love.
50/50

Le Havre
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Incendies


DISLIKED
~ ~
The Darkest Hour
In Darkness
Higher Ground
J. Edgar
The Help
X-men: First Class
Captain America: the First Avenger
The Future

Anonymous
The Muppets
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Rum Diary
Beautiful Boy

Puncture

HATED
~ ~
Rango

COMPLETE AND TOTAL WASTE OF TIME
~ ~
Real Steel

5 comments:

  1. I have a lot of movies to catch up with you... I did see Another Earth and I agree - good movie. Amazing scene with a guy playing a saw - how many movies have that?! This is the music from this scene on the composer's website (in case you decide to do a 'best music from a movie' category :) http://www.scottmunsonmusic.com/news/music-in-film-another-earth-soundtrack
    Of course I loved Harry Potter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My to-see list as of today is:
    Black Gold
    Blackthorn
    Coriolanus
    Crazy, Stupid, Love.
    The Darkest Hour
    Elite Squad: the Enemy Within
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    The Flowers of War
    The Guard
    Le Havre
    Higher Ground
    In the Land of Blood and Honey
    The Kid with a Bike
    The Mill & the Cross
    Monogamy
    Mysteries of Lisbon
    Oranges and Sunshine
    Puncture
    Rampart
    Sarah’s Key
    A Separation
    Take Shelter
    The Turin Horse
    Tyrannosaur
    The Vintner's Luck
    Warrior
    We Need to Talk about Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not think A BETTER LIFE was very good, A-ron. While I clearly sobbed my way through that final scene, no doubt I'll cry during THE HELP, too, so clearly that is not a measure of greatness ;P

      Also, I'm beyond ready for CORIOLANUS.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm not really saying it was good, to tell the truth. I'm saying I really liked it. And I did. Very much.

    P.S. I cried a LOT during War Horse and I didn't particularly care for it, so I'm not really using tears as a barometer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that is understandable. It is not possible to watch a film -- no matter how bad -- about horses and *not* cry.

    ReplyDelete