Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

26 February 2006

Saturday from Hell Part Two

After changing a flat on Thursday night and getting a brand new tire on Friday morning ($$), I woke up on Saturday to drink some coffee, repair my leaky toilet and watch Sophie Scholl: the Final Days. So, off to the hardware store, right? You'd think so, but you'd be wrong, because my right rear tire was flat all over again. So I got out the wrench and changed the tire again, headed over to the tire place for about a half hour and then went to OSH.

I bought a light fixture for the little reading cove in my apartment. I've hated the chandelier that came with the place since I bought it, so I figured I'd try to replace it before my next party. Plus I bought stuff to fix my toilet. Got home, put on some music, lit some candles, fixed the toilet. (I'm surprisingly good at these sorts of things. It's odd.) Then I thought I would go install the electrical fixture. Now, I don't want to get too technical, but the way these things work, and I've done this before, you have to attach the electrical wires to the wall with one hand while holding the light fixture (usually heavy) in the other hand. It's a precarious situation and one at which I did not succeed yesterday. I dropped that sucker and damaged it irreparably. Oops. That was stupid.

Then I walk into the bathroom and there's water all over the floor. The toilet wasn't fixed at all. It had just appeared to be. So I'm on the floor, sopping up water and then I get out a wrench and start tightening things when I feel some heat at my back and realize that I'm leaning backwards into a candle. (I had forgotten I even lit a candle! I didn't catch on fire, but I burned a hole into one of my cutest shirts. Ludicrous. I'm telling you. All I could do was laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment