Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

03 August 2005

What Do I Take with Me?

I was looking over some stuff today and I think I want to share something I wrote in June of 2002, when I studied in Vancouver at Canada's National Voice Intensive, an experience I recommend to all of my actor friends without exception.
Anyway, they asked us three questions (a number used with alarming frequency in theatre) when we left the Intensive and this is how I answered them:

What do I take away from the Intensive?
The right to experiment as an artist.
What am I going to work on for the next 6 months?
Not Knowing,
Removing Judgment and Increasing Specificity

What is my challenge?
To ask myself "What am I not saying?" in any situation, and note why I am silent.
To be an actor (with a softer sternum)
To be open to the criticisms of others
Forgiveness.
The need to speak.

I'm not sure why I think this is significant enough to share with you all, but looking at these answers makes me think a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment