Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

26 February 2007

Some Thoughts on Oscar

I got 16 out of 20 on my predictions. Not at all shabby.
I was delighted Forest Whitaker won. I was a little worried O'Toole would end up with the little gold man after all. Whitaker deserves it and O'Toole got an honorary one not two years ago. Plus, Venus is a performance he could've done in his sleep. Whitaker's speech was great, too. I got a little misty.
It was lovely to see Marty be given his Oscar by Spielberg, Coppola and Lucas. That was a very nice touch and now he finally has one. I bet he wins in a couple years for his next film. And that'll be cool, too.
Helen Mirren looked gorgeous and her speech was nice.
What was up with that Gustavo Santaolalla win for Babel? That's two years in a row for him!
That Lives of Others movie must be really freaking good. It stopped the Pan's Labyrinth machine dead in its tracks.
I love me some Catherine Deneuve.
Nice Alan Arkin surprise. I was glad, even though we all know I was rooting for Mark Wahlberg. Oh well. He will get one soon.
The Dreamgirls medley/sequence thing was really nice.
I loved the dance company and their cool visuals. Especially Snakes on a Plane.
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment