Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

22 May 2010

Read, Read, Read Part II

I am currently reading for my comprehensive exams, which means that I spend pretty much every free moment I have (when I am not doing P90X, of course) reading.

I post about this because I literally have nothing else about which I can post and because this consumes all of my time. Since my last post about this, I have read:
Cherríe L. Moraga's Loving in the War Years: Lo Que Nunca Pasó por Sus Labios
Rachilde's Madame la Mort and Other Plays
Alfred Jarry's The Ubu Plays
as well as his Exploits & Opinions of Dr. Faustroll, Pataphysician
František Deák's Symbolist Theater: the Formation of an Avant-garde

And I have about 100 pages left in Edward W. Saïd's Orientalism, which is dense and rich and angry (not to mention totally and completely brilliant), and, therefore, not the easiest reading in the world. I keep breaking it up with the silliness of Jarry.

No comments:

Post a Comment