Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

17 September 2012

Babymakers?

Obviously I would never, unless forced to do so, see a film called The Babymakers. I don't really watch romantic comedies about straight people, and watching this one doesn't look any more appealing than any other one. Actually, I didn't see this movie. I just want you to look closely at the poster because the only reason I looked twice at this movie was that it stars Paul Schneider. You know, Lars's brother in Lars and the Real Girl, the amazing amazing romantic lead in All the Real Girls, the quirky character in George Washington, the soulful member of Jesse's gang in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. I love that guy.

So who is the guy on this poster?


It looks like Paul Schneider and Rupert Everett's love child. Olivia Munn looks like she, too, has been insanely photoshopped. I mean, the more I look at it, the more grotesque the whole thing appears. Who did this? These people aren't even human.

6 comments:

  1. They want us to think he is Jason Segel. You know, the charming funny guy from 'How I met your mother'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the muscular body that throws me. They've clearly transposed both of their faces onto two models lying on a bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poster is god-awful.

    But I love her in The Newsroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. And his lack of armpit hair is clearly photoshopped. Personally lack of armpit hair is a total turnoff.

      Delete