Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

02 October 2006

Passive-Aggresive

I continue in my dark pattern of passive-aggressive behavior toward Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Faust and the hideous, horrible Faust casebook I have due for Dramaturgy on Thursday morning. I hate it I hate it I hate it and I don't want to do it. I spent four hours at the library today making photocopies of various history books having to do with the history of Germany (well it wasn't the German nation at the time, but for lack of a better word...

So instead of working on Faust I graded papers. Instead of working on Faust I talked to Jai on the phone for 45 minutes. Instead of working on Faust I took out the garbage... and started a load of laundry... and shopped on Amazon... and changed my outgoing voice-mail message... and responded to emails from my students... and read Stinkylulu's Supporting Actress Smackdown (even though I was woefully unprepared, having only seen three-fifths of the contenders)... and now I'm on here. Maybe I'll write a review of Superman Returns.

No. I will go back to Faust. I can do this. I can. If only Mephistophélès were here. I'd make a deal with him and get him to do my Goethe casebook for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment