Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

11 July 2007

Transcinema

So while I was getting my hair cut yesterday, my hairdresser (who is a member of the transgender community) and I began talking about that film Transamerica, which I, as you might recall, completely hated. She hates it too, come to find out, and we had an impassioned discussion of how insensitive and ignorant the film is.

All of this because she is putting on a Transgender film festival in Tallahassee. She asked me if I had any suggestions for films and I suggested Different for Girls, which she hadn't heard of and Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which she thought everyone must have heard of. Then I couldn't think of any more transgender movies... only plays. I recommended I Am My Own Wife to her, because I think it's sensational.

Any thoughts? I seriously can't think of any more trans movies. , I know how trans-phobic you are, so you don't have to help.

Oh yeah, and here is the short, short haircut she gave me:

If you look closely you can just barely make out my ass. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment