Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

03 March 2021

Best Supporting Actress 2020+

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz. They are not in order of my preference. Instead, the actors whom I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.

MARGARITA KÉNEFIC, La Llorona

KATIANA MILFORT, Zombi Child

KSENIYA KUTEPOVA, Beanpole (Дылда)
 
ESSIE DAVIS, Babyteeth
 
YOUN YUH-JUNG, Minari

Also loved:
Haley Bennett, Hillbilly Elegy
Olivia Colman, The Father
Aleksandra Konieczna, Boże Ciało (Corpus Christi)
Rodica Lazar, La Gomera (The Whistlers)
Teyonah Parris, Twelve (Charm City Kings)
Alysia Joy Powell, Judas and the Black Messiah
Gina Rodriguez, Kajillionaire
Talia Ryder, Never Rarely Sometimes Always
Amanda Seyfried, Mank
Julieta Szönyi, La Gomera (The Whistlers)

Related:
My Best Supporting Actress picks from past years (2004-2019)
My Best Actress picks from 2020+
My Best Actor picks from 2020+
My Best Supporting Actor picks from 2020+

No comments:

Post a Comment