Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

09 January 2014

Best Actress 2013

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, these are my five favorite performances, and I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz, so the actresses who I think need the most votes are at the top.

ÉMILIE DEQUENNE, À Perdre la Raison (Our Children)

BÉRÉNICE BEJO, Le Passé (The Past)

GRETA GERWIG, Frances Ha

ADÈLE EXARCHOPOULOS, La Vie d'Adèle (Blue Is the Warmest Color)

JUDI DENCH, Philomena

Also loved:
Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Felicity Jones, The Invisible Woman
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Enough Said
Rooney Mara, Ain't Them Bodies Saints
Rachel Mwanza, Rebelle (War Witch)
Julia Roberts, August: Osage County
Robin Wright, Adore

Related:
My Best Actress Picks for 2012
My Best Actress Picks for 2011
My Best Actress Picks for 2010
My Best Actress Picks for 2009
My Best Actress Picks for 2008
My Best Actress Picks for 2007

1 comment:

  1. That pic of Judi looks like it could be from a horror movie. #rough

    ReplyDelete