Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

16 April 2007

Race & Gender, I Guess, Is as Good a Title as Any for this Entry

I finished my paper for Race & Gender today. It's a 15-pager about the mammy icon and Tony Kushner's Caroline, or Change. It's pretty good, I guess. I dunno. Roomie is proofreading it (and hopefully coming up with suggestions on how to make it better) as we speak.

And there's a boy who I have a crush on. I asked him out for coffee and he said yes. We sat and talked for about two hours this afternoon. I don't really have time to be trying to date anyone right now (school will be all the way out in two weeks' time and I have another giant fucking research paper to write) and he, like everyone else, will be leaving for the summer, so my timing sucks, but still... it's inexplicable, really. And I am so nervous with him (or at least I was today) that I am not my usual charming and funny self. I feel like a square with this one.

In other news, I had a fantastic conversation with my brother where he convinced me to spend more money. I really should be on here blogging more often, and I'm sorry that I have been neglecting this space, but I feel so under the gun right now what with school about to end and all that. I do apologize. I will be back soon.

Also, I will post my Giovanni review soon.

And I didn't tell you all that I got a text message from the gentleman friend. Remember him? It's been almost a month and a half. I wonder why he bothered?

No comments:

Post a Comment