Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

28 September 2007

Administrative Hell

So I've just spent two hours trying to schedule meetings with sixty grad students who are all busier than god would be if there were a god. The problem is that they all need to fit into a 60-minute window on a Monday afternoon (not so bad) or a 90-minute window in the middle of the day on a Tuesday (near-impossible). I'm doing pretty well with the scheduling, actually...

...except that there's nowhere for them to meet.

Now I have to do some research for The Tamer Tamed. The director requested a bunch of stuff about two weeks ago and I haven't looked at it since (to be fair to myself, I was a little busy trying to do research for my seminar on Gender in the Spanish Golden Age). But today, instead of writing for my thesis, I will be researching The Tamer Tamed. The thesis will have to wait for another day.

On an up note, I don't have another seminar to facilitate for another three weeks, I am two weeks ahead of my assignments in British Theatre, and the reading for History this week will be light (only about 170 pages). Perhaps I will have time to work on the thesis on Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment