Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

10 January 2010

2009 Movies

I have been holding off on posting my favorite performances of the year. The reason for this is that I still have 37 movies on my list that I want to see before I close 2009 down. That is obviously not going to happen. Particularly because school has started again and I am busy reading, teaching, and working on shows. But I did want to post the list of the 37 films I am eventually planning on seeing in addition to the ones on the list to the left. This list will, of course, be added to when the Oscar nominations come out on 2002 and I am required to see things like The Blind Side. I am posting the list, though, so that you can tell me if there is anything I have left off, anything I haven't seen that I really ought to see. The films are, in alphabetical order:

12
17 Again
35 Shots of Rum
Adoration
Afterschool
Antichrist
Away We Go
The Baader Meinhof Complex
The Big Gay Musical
The Burning Plain
Coco avant Chanel
The Country Teacher (Venkovský Ucitel)
Crazy Heart
Departures
Easy Virtue
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Julia
Life Is Hot in Cracktown
The Limits of Control
Little Ashes
The Lovely Bones
Máncora
The Messenger
Moon
Mother and Child
Outrage
Red Cliff
Revanche
Séraphine
Sin Nombre
Summer Hours (L'Heure d'Été)
Taking Woodstock
The Tree of Life
Trucker
The White Ribbon
The Young Victoria
Zombieland

No comments:

Post a Comment