Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

01 August 2011

Thanksgiving in August

I am giving myself a mini-writing project for the month of August – probably a bad idea considering all the work I ought to be doing, but still...

Every day in August I am going to post about a friend or group of friends of mine for whom I am thankful. This is sort of a follow-up to this post about gratitude, but also, as I work on my dissertation, and as this work becomes more serious and more complicated and (as I am sure it will) more solitary, I want to make sure I am reminding myself of all of the wonderful people in my life who support me and help me retain my sanity and love me.

I will probably still post about movies as I see them, and I hope this isn't too boring for too many of you. I had considered writing these out at home and mailing them to my friends personally, but writing on the blog means I can take up more space (!) and it also means that everyone else can know just how important and wonderful these people in my life are.

No comments:

Post a Comment