Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

12 May 2005

Professor for a Day

Allan Fortes and I were invited to return to CSUP today (along with Christine Reifer) as "Alumni Professors for a Day." I thought it would at least be interesting... I mean, I am not a serious working director who doesn't need a day job to support himself, but I do have advice to share and experiences to relate (and so did Allan, although I don't think either of us thought we did before they asked us to do this.)
Or so I thought...
Instead of putting us in a class with senior or junior actors who might have questions for us about acting in Hollywood or working in Los Angeles as theatre artists or applying to graduate schools, they had us talk to a bunch of non-majors who were in an acting class to suffice one of their GE requirements. Dumb. I didn't have anything to say to them and I don't think they would've cared if I had. Allan had more to say than I did, but I felt like it was seriously wasted time. They gave us a very nice lunch, though, and I spent some time with Linda and I got to see my friend, so it wasn't a total loss.

And then I spent the rest of the day reading Two Gentlemen of Verona, which I will definitely be directing this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment