Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

23 March 2007

Small Thoughts

A) I had a good rehearsal, or at least sorta good. I pretty much love my cast. They are amazing. It's so weird to spend time with singers. It's a whole other performing art, the musical. I mean, I can't do that. You know? It's also odd being tied down by the music. I need the support of the musical director and the accompanist constantly. I can't even block without them, for the most part. This is a whole new experience. It's very cool. And the cast is pretty damn near brilliant. AND the producer is awesome.

B) I opened a new bottle of gin that my friend Alison got me for doing her taxes. It's called Citadelle. It tastes very different. It's kind of savory. Weird. I need to drink more of it, but not tonight, because I'm getting drunk and it's midnight.

C) I am coming to Los Angeles around May/June, y'all. Mark those calendars. Is anyone dong anything I need to see while I am there? I can work around your schedules. I haven't bought any plane tickets yet...

D) My history teacher pronounces the word "panoply" like "pan-opoly" as though it rhymes with monopoly. That's wrong. I'm just sayin'.

E) I watched a little bit of All About Eve today and found myself laughing out loud. GODDAMN Bette Davis is brilliant in that film.
Eve: Is there anything else I can do?
Margo: Thank you, Eve. I'll have a martini, very dry.
Bill: I'll get it. What can I get you Eve?
Margo: A milkshake?

No comments:

Post a Comment