Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

10 March 2007

Why Can't I Get Anything Done?

Maybe I'm having trouble focusing.

Or maybe the book I'm reading on the performance traditions of Japan is just really boring.

Maybe both. I spent the morning doing copy-editor duties for the School of Theatre's student newspaper and then I finished a play: The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, which I mostly loved. Anyone who can work the word motherfucker (actually: mothafuckah) into a Bible story as many times as Stephen Adly Giurgis can deserves props. But I sat down to read 100 pages of the Benito Ortolani J-pan book and it's putting me to sleep. I got through about forty pages, but I don't think I can continue. It is some dry shit. Thing is: I really need to finish up my work on this. I've got rehearsals starting tomorrow and I'm going to be mad busy the next four weeks. I have no time for messing around.

But I just don't feel like it. I'm being a really bad grad student. I want to sit down and read a novel, or maybe a couple more plays. I get tired of history and research after a while. Bitch, bitch, bitch. I'll shut up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment