Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

15 March 2008

Fun with Denim

I haven't purchased jeans since I moved across the country from Los Angeles to Talla-classy. And since then, two (count them, two) pairs of my jeans have worn out. I mean, all I wear is jeans anymore now that I am back in school. I never used to get to wear jeans and now I wear nothing else.

So I decided for one of my spring break events that I would go jeans shopping. Good jeans are impossible to find anyway, and I am on a (kind of) tight budget so I have to limit myself to the chains in the mall. I found two okay pairs of jeans at the Gap (ugh) and then I went to Express, where I found a very cute pair that I really liked.

They were $90.

So I asked the cashier if they were on sale. He says, "let's find out" and then rings them up. Sure enough: not on sale. I waffled for maybe a second and a half before he was like "What if I gave you a $30 gift certificate?"

"...um, that would be great," said I.

That's right. I'm cute. I mean, at least thirty dollars worth of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment