Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

09 January 2013

Oscar Wishes

The Oscar Nominations are tomorrow. Here are my hopes and dreams for nominations:

Quvenzhané Wallis, Best Actress, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Dwight Henry, Best Supporting Actor, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Dan Romer and Benh Zeitlin, Best Original Score, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek, Best Original Score, Cloud Atlas
Emannuelle Riva, Best Actress, Amour
Michael Haneke, Best Director, Amour
Joaquin Phoenix, Best Actor, The Master
Rachel Weisz, Best Actress, The Deep Blue Sea

I'm rooting for Anna Karenina for all visual categories, and for Moonrise Kingdom, Beasts of the Southern Wild, and Amour for screenplay.


I'm rooting for Skyfall over The Hobbit and The Avengers in all sound and special effects categories.

I'm rooting for No, Beyond the Hills, and A Royal Affair for Foreign Language Picture.

I'm rooting for Quentin Tarantino for Best Director.

My favorites of the eligible pictures of the year are Beasts of the Southern Wild, Amour, Anna Karenina, Lincoln, and Moonrise Kingdom. May the odds be ever in their favor!

1 comment:

  1. I can't root for Quentin Tarantino for anything ever. Even when I like his stuff (which I sometimes do) the man is such a relentless narcissist I can't stomach it. Did you hear him yell at Terri Gross on NPR? pig.
    wait, I just thought of an award I would nominate him for: excellent taste in picking his soundtracks.

    ReplyDelete