Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

19 January 2017

Best Supporting Actor 2016

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz, and the actors whom I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.

TREVANTE RHODES, Moonlight

SHIA LaBEOUF, American Honey

JOEL EDGERTON, Midnight Special

ALDEN EHRENREICH, Hail, Caesar!

MAHERSHALA ALI, Moonlight

Also loved:
Riz Ahmed, Rogue One
Sylvain Dieuaide, Marguerite
Colman Domingo, The Birth of a Nation
Russell Hornsby, Fences
Laurent Lafitte, Elle
Dev Patel, Lion
Jack Reynor, Sing Street
James Rolleston, The Dark Horse
Matthias Schoenaerts, A Bigger Splash
Michael Shannon, Nocturnal Animals
Hugo Weaving, Hacksaw Ridge

Related:
My Best Supporting Actor picks from past years (2004-2015)
My Best Actress picks from 2016 (TBA)
My Best Actor picks from 2016 (TBA)
My Best Supporting Actress picks from 2016 (TBA)

No comments:

Post a Comment