Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

20 January 2017

Best Supporting Actress 2016

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz, and the actresses whom I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.

AGATA BUZEK, Les Innocentes (The Innocents)

SARAH GADON, Indignation

NICOLE KIDMAN, Lion

NAOMIE HARRIS, Moonlight

MICHELLE WILLIAMS, Manchester by the Sea

Also loved:
Tyne Daly, Hello, My Name Is Doris
Linda Emond, Indignation
Greta Gerwig, 20th Century Women
Agata Kulesza, Les Innocentes (The Innocents)
Laura Linney, Nocturnal Animals
Katy Mixon, Hell or High Water
Mélodie Valemberg, Journal d'une Femme de Chambre (Diary of a Chambermaid)

Related:
My Best Supporting Actress picks from past years (2004-2015)
My Best Actress picks from 2016 (TBA)
My Best Actor picks from 2016 (TBA)
My Best Supporting Actor picks from 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment