Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

20 April 2005

I Want You to Hit Me as Hard as You Can

I had another really good rehearsal tonight.
I decided that I wanted a much bigger fight scene in Matt's play. He actually hadn't written one in at all, but we talked about it and we both agreed that it was a cool idea. I mentioned it to Bill (producer) on Monday when he came to rehearsal and he got me a fight choreographer already. Carlos Baldeon (who I actually went to school with) came in, asked me a couple of questions about how much I wanted to humiliate the guy getting beat up, and then constructed a nice looking fight on the spot. It was very cool to watch. Carlos has a patience with the students that I rarely think about him having. He is a natural teacher, though, and he helped and goaded and teased the students in a way that reminded me of my own methods (perhaps it's Bob Gilbert coming through in both of us.) And after working with my two actors for an hour, Carlos got a fight that he liked and we called it a night. Matt's show is looking much better and I think I may end up having a really nice evening of shows on my hands with Y Generation.

I called in sick to work today. I just felt like shit and couldn't go in. I won't be any better tomorrow, but I'm crawling my ass in to work anyway. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment