Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

26 April 2005

VA, Lesbians and Measure for Measure

Sorry, LJ. Sometimes I get too busy to tell you things.

The people from Virginia called me two Fridays ago or something like that and asked me to fly out for an interview. From the sound of the admissions lady my acceptance is pretty much a done deal (that's just inference on my part, though, so I might be way off.) Anyway, they wanted to do all of the interviews in April, so I scheduled mine for April the 29th. I'm flying out on Thursday night around 11:00p, getting off the plane in North Carolina, getting on a minuscule commuter plane (seriously, with, like, twenty seats on it and shit) and flying in to Charlottesville Airport in Virginia at about 9:00a. From there I drive an hour to Staunton, take a campus tour and then have an interview with a whole bunch of faculty-type people (well, three anyway). That night I'm going to watch one of their shows. It just so happens that their doing Measure for Measure while I'm there, so that's good.

I don't know. I'm not really nervous. (Actually, I'm not nervous at all and maybe I should be.) Mostly I'm hoping I like the school and the school likes me.
If all goes well, I'll be living in Virginia by mid-August (!) That notion is slightly unnerving, less for the fact that I'll be alone and friendless and more for the fact that there won't be any movie theatres and the only eateries are the Red Lobster and Applebee's.

I'm coming back on Saturday night at 7:00 or so. I have tech the next day for Voices from the Y Generation, so I have to come back toute suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment