Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

03 November 2005

In Dreams

My nightly dreams lately have been all about frustration: Not being able to find what I want at the grocery, using the wrong keys at work, etc. This is a trend and has been for a week or two now. As I go through my day, vague snatches of images or thoughts about these dreams will come back to me, and while I don't remember the dreams in the morning, they come to me vague but vivid in the middle of the day at the airport or at a sushi bar in Hollywood. It's so strange.
And my theory about dreams in general is that the mind wants to remind us about things we're suppressing in our waking lives. Now, I don't know what opinions you all out there have formed of me, but I doubt any of you would say that I'm suppressing my frustration. "Frustrated" is probably the first word that comes to your mind when you think of me (after "gay.")

Who knows.

Okay, off to an HOA meeting. Maybe I'll get voted off the board.


I can only hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment