Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

16 January 2018

Best Supporting Actor 2017

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz. They are not in order of my preference. Instead, the actors whom I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.

COSMO JARVIS, Lady Macbeth
 

BILL NIGHY, Their Finest

RORY COCHRANE, Hostiles

 BARRY KEOGHAN, The Killing of a Sacred Deer

MICHAEL STUHLBARG, Call Me by Your Name

Also loved:
Christopher Abbott, It Comes at Night
Vincent Cassel, Juste la Fin du Monde (It's Only the End of the World)
Timothée Chalamet, Lady Bird
Kevin Costner, Molly's Game
Kamel El Basha, The Insult (ضية رقم ٢٣)
Joonas Koff, Miekkailija (The Fencer)
Ben Mendelsohn, Darkest Hour
Jason Mitchell, Detroit
Rob Morgan, Mudbound
Benny Safdie, Good Time
Algee Smith, Detroit

Related:
My Best Actress picks from 2017 (TBA)
My Best Actor picks from 2017 (TBA)
My Best Supporting Actress picks from 2017 (TBA)

No comments:

Post a Comment