Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

19 January 2018

Best Supporting Actress 2017

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz. They are not in order of my preference. Instead, the actresses whom I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.

NAOMI ACKIE, Lady Macbeth

LOIS SMITH, Marjorie Prime

LESLEY MANVILLE, Phantom Thread

OCTAVIA SPENCER, The Shape of Water

LAURIE METCALF, Lady Bird

Also loved:
Joanna Bacon, A Quiet Passion
Mackenzie Davis, Blade Runner 2049
Jennifer Ehle, A Quiet Passion
Holly Hunter, The Big Sick
Elisabeth Moss, The Square
Michelle Pfeiffer, Mother!
Miranda Richardson, Stronger
Rachael Stirling, Their Finest

Related:
My Best Supporting Actress picks from past years (2004-2016)
My Best Actress picks from 2017 (TBA)
My Best Actor picks from 2017 (TBA)
My Best Supporting Actor picks from 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment