Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

10 June 2005

HOA Insanity

Most of the crazy homeowners stayed home last night and did not come to our quarterly HOA meeting. I was so grateful. There were only, like, ten people there including the board.
I really don't care about the Homeowner's Assocation, but I find that being on the board is actually helpful to the other homeowners. You should see how difficult it is for people to decide things. It's stunning, really. I find it unbelievable. They hem and haw and talk about stuff that has no bearing on the decision required and then I'll chime in and put it on the line: I express an opinion and often outline another opinion as though it were the only other option. I'm not saying careful thought isn't required about sensitive matters involving 74 homeowners, but these people get worked up and pissed off and still don't make decisions. It's crazy. ...And then they ask me for financial advice!!! I was like, "Why are you looking at me? I don't know anything about it." Thankfully the meeting was only an hour and forty-five minutes instead of the usual two hours.

This entry is crap. Sorry. I posted about something I don't even care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment