Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

15 December 2005

Adventures on a Sick Day

I'm so much more afraid of things than I ought to be. Like, I've been putting of beurocratic-type things that I need to do. Some of them for months!

My father and I pulled a switcheroo on our cars. My dad sold my Camaro and then he gave me his 1997 Honda Accord. This was back in July of 2004. Do you think I've gone to the DMV to transfer ownership? No. And mostly because I just didn't feel like it. The AAA office is uncharted territory for me and I don't like to be in new situations that I don't fully grasp. So I've put it off and put it off... for eighteen months.

Ditto replacing my front two tires. They've been pretty near bald for about four months and why haven't I replaced them? Sheer laziness. Honestly I can think of no other reason except that perhaps when I get to the tire place they'll ask me question to which I won't know the answers or I'll need an appointment or there'll be a long wait. All problems that really aren't that big of a deal and function more as excuses than anything else. And so I keep putting it off. I almost put it off again today and then thought: "no, go fucking do it."

So I went to AAA and paid my $30 ownership transfer fee (including penalties for not doing it sooner--oops) and then I went to this tire shop within walking distance of my house and got my new tires put on in all of fifteen minutes. And it was cheap. And if I injure one of the tires on the road they replace it for free. And I knew the answers to all of their little questions. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment