Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

26 December 2005

I'm in Colorado

So after work on Friday, I high-tailed it to Los Angeles International Airport and my parents and I flew (direct) to Colorado Springs Airport where we were greeted by my smiling little brother, who drove us to his house in Monument, CO. I've been here the last three days and I have to say that the weather is, unexpectedly, fabulous. Yesterday I spent most of the day cooking: I made goose and stuffing and butternut squash. (My goose giblet gravy turned out especially nice, I thought.) Today we went down to this Park called Garden of the Gods where they have these fantastic red rock formations. We saw a bit of it on horseback and then walked around some more after that.

I'm taking a break from cooking today because on Christmas Eve at about 10:00p, I sliced the end of my left middle finger off. It bled like nothing I've seen in a while. So stupid, too. I've never cut myself cooking and I didn't even do it with a knife. I wounded myself with a goddamned vegetable peeler. And I was supposed to cook the rest of the trip, but I don't know. I just don't feel much like it anymore. I mean, I did Christmas dinner yesterday, but today I needed a break. I think we're having frozen lasagne.

No movies in Colorado Springs, either. It's a little weird. The only things playing here that I haven't seen are Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and Munich. I guess I'll probably be seeing the Spielberg after all. You couldn't pay me to sit through CbtD2.

Merry Christmas all! I'll be back in California on Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment