Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

06 December 2005

Application Update

Cal Poly sucks ass at getting transcripts out. The 5-day turnaround I don't mind so much but it's absolutely impossible to get the information to these people. I have to fill out the addresses of my schools manually and they only give me 4 lines per school. Then I'm supposed to fax or mail these address labels in, but there's nowhere for me to write how many transcripts go with each address. It's so stupid. It should all be online, anyway, but of course it couldn't be that easy. I know it's a public school but Jesus Christ!

I finished applications for Cornell & Florida State today. Paid the fees, hit send. Everything.

Eight schools to go. And I still have to figure out how to do a fancy-looking curriculum vitae. Fun. Have I mentioned I hate this. I need someone to give me a hug and tell me this is all going to work out whether I get in or not.

I made macaroni & cheese again tonight. Actually, I had just finished the roux and I was on the phone with my girlfriend Jill when I realized I had no milk in the house. Oops. Off to the grocery. The roux kept just fine and the macaroni turned out lovely.

Much love,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment