Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

07 December 2005

Movie Frustration

Applied to two more schools: Arizona State & U of Oregon. I should go to sleep But. I. Just. Don't. Feel. Like. It.

I'm having movie withdrawl y'all. It's been, like, since Sunday. And Sunday's movie was a crap one: Ma Mère, anyone? Plus Friday's movie (Syriana) left me a little numb, too. Mostly my frustration comes from the fact that Brothers, The Ballad of Jack and Rose, The World of Apu, Aparajito and Morgan! are sitting on top of my DVD player and currently in theatres awaiting me are Breakfast on Pluto, The Squid and the Whale, Rent, and TransAmerica. That isn't even mentioning that Friday's releases are The Chronicles of Narnia, Mrs. Henderson Presents, Memoirs of a Geisha and the long-awaited (at least by me) Brokeback Mountain. I need to finish this grad school shit and get to the cinema!!!

Right now I'm listening to the soon-to-be-Oscar-nominated song "Love That Will Never Grow Old" or something like that from Emmylou Harris. It's alright, but it's nowhere near as good as Teddy Thompson & Rufus Wainwright's cover of "King of the Road" on the same album. That song rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment