1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Interviewed for a Master's program, bought tires, went on an on-line date.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any. I think I will for 2006, though. On Chinese New Year at the very latest.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My dear co-worker Leslie gave birth to little Ty just last week! So exciting!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Las Vegas.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A college that I'm attending.
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? On 9/11 this year my car got broken into and vandalized.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Directing Hard Times (I still don't know how I did that); applying to ten grad programs.
9. What was your biggest failure? I haven't achieved the kind of patience and generosity with others I would like to have.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope: safe and sound.
11. What was the best thing you bought? So many things: all furniture. I bought this fabulous wine cabinet and I finally decorated over the fireplace.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jaime Rohrer, a personal hero, and all of my friends who are trying to work in Hollywood. Props to you guys!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? President Bush as usual. Vice-president Cheney more than usual. Governor Schwarzeneggar. Judith Miller.
14. Where did most of your money go? Driving back and forth from CSUP. Okay not really. Really it all went to my mortgage, but it sure felt like it all went to gas.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Trips to Vegas with my friends. The Academy Award Nominations.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? The Killers - "All These Things That I Have Done"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Kissing boys I like. Yoga. Gossiping. Singing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Working at the airport. Feeling sorry for myself.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? In Colorado with my brother, sister, mother, father and my father's family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Nope.
22. How many one-night stands? Zip.
23. What was your favorite TV program? The only TV I watched last year was the annual Academy Awards telecast.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Probably not.
25. What was the best book you read? The Line of Beauty by Allan Hollinghurst. it is so very good!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Frou Frou. Rilo Kiley. Ben Folds (I never knew!). The Killers. Regina Spektor. Antony & the Johnsons
27. What did you want and get? All of the new furniture in my house.
28. What did you want and not get? A baby. My biological clock is ticking, folks.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Brokeback Mountain, Good Night, and Good Luck., Pride & Prejudice. There are still more to see, but these are my faves right now.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? For my 24th birthday, my friends came over to Pasadena, we got slightly drunk and then rode the Gold Line down to Olvera street for more liquor and some Mexican food. I got more plastered than I can remember getting in a long time and we had a blast!
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I hate this question. My life would be more satisfying if I were more contented, if I had a permanent teaching job, if I would stop falling in love with straight guys. The list could go on forever.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? White, Gray and Black no longer matter.
33. What kept you sane? Eating sushi with Elizabeth. The Thai restaurant down the street.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Takeshi Kaneshiro. Jake Gyllenhaal.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
36. Who did you miss? Jill. Jaime.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Linda & Matt's friends Michael & Jim
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: Things are not nearly as scary as I build them up to be in my head. If I go out on a limb and do what I dread so much, generally, I find that my fear of the thing is bigger than the thing itself.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "I search for a piece of kindness and I find Hitler in my heart."