Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

28 August 2006

First Day of School!

I am still actually at school because some idiot cut the telephone lines at my house and the internet, therefore, is down. I have to drop the people who don't show up for the first day of my class, so here I am, BACK at school after going home to find the telephone debacle.

Grrr.

My class is alright, though. It's about 165 students right now (and seemingly growing, though we cap the class at 180.) I think it's gonna be kinda fun, too. They're a mostly young group, but they didn't ask any questions. Who knows.

No real grad student classes for me yet. I will have two tomorrow in addition to another TA session I have to sit in on.

The halls are busy with undergrads today. It makes me happy to be back in school, surrounded by undergraduate theatre students and chatting away with my fellow grads. I'm sure it will get old and tired, but for now, I find it exciting and it makes me smile... even when I look out at 165 uninterested non-majors who all look like they want to murder me for lunch.

Much love. Hopefully my internet will be back up and running tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment