Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

22 August 2006

Nickel Beers & Second-day Positivity

I'm up late blogging and no one comments on my blog anymore now that I've moved a billion miles away.

I really like most of the people in my program, I ought to say. I like the reserved ones the best, mostly because it isn't clear to me whether they like me or not yet, and so it makes me want them to like me even more. (Low self esteem, geez.)

Had lunch with one of the PhD candidates today. He was very encouraging and made me feel even better than I did last night. Tonight Roommate and I went out for $0.05 beers at a place called Potbellies and we had a free drink courtesy of the Congress of Graduate Students at a place called The Painted Lady. Nice. They were next door to one another, so that was handy. Roomie and I were the only two of the first years that stayed to hang out with the second- and third-year grads at the $0.05 beer place. The second- and third-years were all designers and TD's so, we gained points, I think, just for hanging out. I guess scholars and designers haven't traditionally mixed here. I'm all about changing that idea. I love designers. As usual, Roomie criticized me for being too positive too early, but I really like all of the second- and third-years. They seem fun (theatre people usually are) and I'm all about it.

Alright y'all. Shuck your laundry onto the floor and say goodnight. I have to get up at 6:00a (!) for a conference tomorrow morning called the Program for Instructional Excellence. Night, night.

No comments:

Post a Comment