Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

24 December 2004

Trailers, Baby

Robert Rodriguez can get me to watch anything, I swear. Check this out.

And you won't believe this, but Shirley MacLaine returns to cinema after a million years... but it's in a film version of "Bewitched." WTF?

Oh yeah, and this morning I woke up and watched The Grapes of Wrath, which I had never seen. It's wonderful, really. I was getting tired of the politics early on in the film: kind of weary, I suppose, of all of the poverty and the lack of hope, but by the time Tommy leaves his mama and gives that speech that they play in old cinema retrospective reels, I was bawling. It got under my skin that first hour and a half and then it just let it rip. Man, it packed a wallop. I thought John Ford overplayed his hand with the end, but I think Grapes is easily his best film.

Merry Christmas, yo. I still have rapping wrapping to do, but I'm off to the folks' house for a little R&R before the madness of the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment