Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

11 December 2004

Summing Up 2004

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Quit a job. Drove 8 hours by myself. Made hotel reservations. Sang karaoke.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any for 2004. I doubt there will be any for 2005, either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Jill's ex-boyfriend Gareth and his wife Guinivere had a baby named Emma: her picture is on my refrigerator.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? None, I'm afraid.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? A scholarship to grad school.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 10/4 My first day at Avjet Corp.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Directing Valparaiso.
9. What was your biggest failure? Allowing myself to get pudgy again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new chandelier for my condo and... [I haven't decided yet, but there will be more purchases to come.]
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsome. My friend Scott.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? George W. Bush and the four members of my immediate family for voting for his ass.
14. Where did most of your money go? My mortgage. Health Insurance.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Troy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, easily.
c) richer or poorer? Definitely richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Yoga.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Thinking about Andy.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With my brother, sister, parents, and my father's family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004? Not a chance.
22. How many one-night stands? None.
23. What was your favorite TV program? I didn't watch TV in 2004 except for a single episode of the new "Hawaii Five-O."
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Karl Rove. The entire state of Ohio except for Jill and her fiancée.
25. What was the best book you read? The Red Tent by Anita Diamant.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Damien Rice and Caroline, or Change by Jeanine Tesori
27. What did you want and get? A new job.
28. What did you want and not get? A boyfriend... who am I kidding? a husband.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I haven't seen it yet. If nothing better comes out this year, then it's Kim Ki-duk's Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and ...Spring.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Julie, Anna, Lisa, Jaime, Derek and Ryan came over to my house and we talked and just hung out. I turned 23.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Achieving some ability to take care of myself better. A million things. What the Hell?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Small is the new Medium. The MX1 shirt goes with everything.
33. What kept you sane? My friend Jaime who ALWAYS understands.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Rodrigo Santoro replaced Raoul Bova.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The election.
36. Who did you miss? Kristen, Derek and Jill.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Danny Lampson.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: I learned that waiting for things to get done does not get them done. No one is going to drop by and do them.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Ground Control to Major Tom your circuit's dead is there something wrong? Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment