Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

22 December 2004

Accidente!

This evening at 5:30p, a woman in my condominium complex backed into my sad, tired little Honda Accord with her enormous Jeep Grand Cherokee. She was very sorry and I was very sorry for her.

But GODDAMMIT. Now I have to get the motherfucker fixed and deal with an insurance agent and figure out how I'm gonna get around without a car for whatever period of time mine is being repaired. What a pain in the ASS.

I don't think I would've gotten mad anyway, but I am so exhausted that when this woman plowed into my car, I barely lifted an eyebrow my unibrow.* We were in the main driveway on Allen and she was getting out of her car to come talk to me and whatever and I was like "Why don't we go in and park first?" So we parked our cars and then talked about what to do. The whole time, I was just trying to be nice to her. It's not like she meant to hit me or hit me because she's an awful driver or anything: she just didn't see me. Poor lady.
I just got off the phone with my insurance company. Someone will call me hopefully tomorrow, and if not then Monday.

I guess it's good I'm not hanging out with tonight anyway, since I am utterly exhausted and I've been hit by an SUV. Instead, I am on my way to the Cal Poly Holiday reunion, which won't be much of a reunion for me, since I will not know hardly anyone there. I'm going to go see Kathy Vega and the Fallons and then beat it. It's in Pasadena at Bucca di Beppo. (I probably wouldn't be going at all if it weren't down the street.)

*I am plucking that shit as we speak: it's unbelievable that I've let it get this bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment