Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

10 December 2004

Don't Raise Your Eyebrows; You Look Smug.

I am loving this Damien Rice album called "O." I listened to it because of the main song from Closer that he penned. The album is so cool. A small lyric sample:

Don't hold yourself like that
You'll hurt your knees
I kissed your mouth and back
But that's all I need
Don't build your world around volcanoes melt you down

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea


Another excerpt:

You wanna get boned
You wanna get stoned
You wanna get a room like no-one else

You wanna be rich
You wanna be kitch
You wanna be the bastard of yourself

You wanna get burned
You wanna get turned
You wanna get fucked inside out

You wanna be ruled
You wanna be fooled
You wanna be a woman like a man


What a badass guy. He sings a bit like Jude and the lead singer of Coldplay with the sensitivity of John Mayer and Rufus Wainwright, but with a cruel streak.

In other news, the controller pulled me aside today and told me that they asked the owner for a raise for me. "I know you haven't been here long," she said, "but we asked anyway." I'm a fucking rock star.
This week I worked a total of 6 hours of overtime in addition to my 40 regular hours. Things are swell.

Now... The America Play. Do I have a concept? No. Will I invent one in the next hour? You bet your ass I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment