Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

26 February 2005

And Now for Something Compeletely Different...

I want to move. I know, I bitch about absolutely everything... and you're probably all so sick of it. But I no longer want to live where I have to answer to other people who do not know me. I know longer want to deal with the insanity of random others while in my home.

This is one of the key things that getting into grad school would mean: I would have an excellent reason to move away from this condominium. Not that I dislike living here because I don't. I simply dislike the condominium association.

I talked with Jaime for a while tonight and she made me feel better. I amaze myself occasionally when I think how absolutely adaptive I am. Is that even a word? I don't really mean "malleable." Perhaps I mean "plucky." I dunno. My dad says that "All things work together for good to them that love the lord." (Actually the apostle Paul said that.) I don't love the lord or anything like that, but the saying is true. It's not that everything "works together for good." For me it's that, no matter what happens, I will put my best face forward. No matter what troubles or drama or nonsense comes my way, I will work hard and make things likeable... or at least palatable. So it's more like: All kinds of things will happen; it is up to me to make them work together for good.

I read Noel Coward's Private Lives too and I thought it was quite charming and still (not surprisingly) very funny after 75 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment