Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

17 February 2005

Edward Albee Rocks My World (Again)

I called absolutely hysterical tonight because this evening after work I went to the Mark Taper Forum and
SAW THE FUCKING GOAT OR WHO IS SYLVIA?
This level of hysteria from someone who had already read the play and knew exactly what was going to happen--or thought I did--I didn't fucking know shit I swear to god. I really shouldn't even have been driving home in the state I was in.

Holy FUCK.

Oh my god. Go see this play as soon as humanly fucking possible.

Oh yeah, and I got a rejection letter from UC Berkeley when I got home. I put it on my fridge. Letters from institutions for higher education really do belong on one's refrigerator. They chose five candidates out of eighty-seven applicants. I was one of the many, unfortunately, and not one of the few.

I will have to post soon about my back-up plan if I don't get into grad school.
Perhaps I'll post about it when I figure it out.

Stop reading about me, though, and go buy your tickets to The Goat. Go here. You have got to see this play.

No comments:

Post a Comment