Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

01 February 2005

Rentals

I'm getting my money's worth out of Netflix once again. Tonight I watched Wong Kar-Wai's Days of Being Wild. It rocks. It's not as fucking genius as In the Mood for Love, but it is awesome nonetheless.

Celebrated the parents' twenty-fifth wedding anniversary tonight as well, and I absolutely gorged myself with food. Not a nice image, I understand, but there aren't too many other ways to say it. Dinner was actually quite lovely, except during the obligatory 'political discussion' portion of the evening. I don't bring politics up, y'all. It was Deborah, who asked the pressing question, "Aaron, how do you feel about women in the military?" What the fuck is she talking about? I don't understand these people most of the time when it comes to politics. They just don't think things through, and my mother and sister both think that women should and I quote, "stay at home and raise the children." This kind of shit makes me want to throw a chair through a plate glass window like nothing else.
And then sit and cry for a solid hour.

Mostly, I was calm though.

No comments:

Post a Comment