Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

01 March 2005

Auditions and an M.Litt.(?)

Four more people auditioned tonight. Two guys and two girls.
I'm calling back everyone, of course. One really must... anyway I want the writers to see them. One of my guys dropped out, so tomorrow I'll have five men and four women plus whoever shows up new tomorrow (I told them they could.)

The thing is Wahima's play... the one about sex and marijuana... I don't think I have a guy who can play the part right now. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I bet Carlos Dardón would do it if I asked him to (he said as much on Sunday when I saw him), but I don't know if the production manager is gonna go for me casting an alumnus.

*
So today in the mail I got a catalog for something called the Master of Letters in "Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature in Performance." It's at Mary Baldwin College in partnership with Shenandoah Shakespeare. Basically their lab is that Blackfriars replica that they built on the East coast (Virginia, to be exact.) It sounds intriguing to me. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment