Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

05 October 2005

Oh My, an Update

I guess I'm on schedule for Hard Times but it sure as Hell don't feel like it.

I'd love to write a whole long wonderful post, but I just haven't the time, folks. Perhaps I will hit you up with a remembrance of sorts on the weekend: oh that it were here already! It is Wednesday night and I have another night of rehearsal and two more days of work before I can rest. And even then... The weekend will be full. When one has no time during the week, one's friends make it a point to cram one's weekend full of non-negotiable engagements. Last week, my friend Linda had me out to see her in a show (The Tragedy of King John) in which she didn't perform after all, and this Saturday it is a friend's birthday (and I just got the invitation this afternoon!)

Speaking of Southern California Shakespeare's production of King John (this is the show that ran directly after Two Gentlemen), I didn't particularly care for it. I have a lot of gripes, most of which would not be half so important had the show not run over three hours. A three hour Shakespeare play is something I consider nearly unforgivable.

More when I have the time, friends. Drop me an email or leave me a comment in the mean time to let me know you still love me.

"I admit I've seen better days but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail and a salted peanut." - Margo Channing

(I bought peanuts today at the grocery, in case you wondered why Margo's voice popped into my head.)

No comments:

Post a Comment