Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

31 May 2004

Drinkapalooza

Nearly everyone bet that I would be the first out of the game, and as the game continued, I thought that just might happen.  I was slightly hurt, though, that everyone thought I would be first to bow. 


Now that it's over, I think I know why everyone thought I would be first: because I have the most sense.  I know where the Dignity line is.  I know when I'm about to cross it, and I know better than to do so.


These were the rules:  2 beers per hour for the first 5 hours.  3 beers per hour for the next 2 hours.  The game didn't go any further.  Disqualification occurred for the following items: 1) puking, 2) passing out, 3) not drinking the required amount of drinks for the hour, and 4) safety disqualification by the referee (Chris's adorable girlfriend Anita).


Paul drank Miller Lite.  Anna and Lisa drank Smirnoff Twist Raspberry.  John drank Amstel Light.  Everyone else drank Bud Light.  I drank Newcastle.  Bad idea.  That's heavy shit, but then, I didn't expect to win, and I thought, Hell, I might as well enjoy myself.  I mean, Bud Light is okay, but for hours and hours?  I mean, if one is going to make oneself sick, one might want it to taste good going down.


Anna went out first, after 6 beers.  I quit after 8.  Lisa quit after 9.  Jaime quit after 10.  Chris, John, Zack, Julie, and Paul all had sixteen beers... in 7 hours.  Julie cheated a little.  We stopped after sixteen.  Everyone except for Paul, Lisa, and me threw up.  Everyone else.  So Paul won fair and square.  Throwing up is nasty.  I don't care.  I never wish to do it.  I don't think I've puked from drinking since high school and I didn't plan on it this time.  Like I said, I prefer to stay firmly on the good side of the dignity line.


I went over to the folks' house this afternoon.  They moved in yesterday.  It's so cute!  So cute!  It's the perfect size for them and everything looks so nice already and my mom and dad and sister are all busy fixing it up and making it even cuter.  It was a very nice afternoon...


And then I got home and got my Shrew weekend update.

No comments:

Post a Comment