Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

05 March 2005

Just So Stories

Can a leopard change its spots?

I don't know, but I shaved off my goatee today and I think I like it like this. I will try to keep this look for a while. Maybe it signifies a whole lifestyle change. I might even... [No, I won't even say it for fear of jinxing it.]

Sky won't snow and the sun don't shine.
It's hard to tell the nighttime from the day.
Losing all your highs and lows
Ain't it funny how the feeling goes
...Away.


And then I get invited to go hang out with people I don't know at all and I don't go. I got it into my head that I was going to go check out Downfall since it's playing at the Rialto and that means I'm going to the cinema alone instead of hanging out with other humans. Maybe if a man had invited me I would feel differently about it and I would've gone to the Yard House after all.

You better let somebody love you.
Let somebody love you.
Let somebody love you
Before it's too late.


She sings it like she's threatening me.
...and I know what she means, too. Time's a wastin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment