Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

26 March 2004

Mumbling Towards Hell

Yay.  I look good today.  In an act of desperation, I tried to go see Tito at his job today, but he wasn't there.  (Not really.  I actually ran into the mall only to go to See's Candies with my parents, who had a free pound coupon.)  I went to visit my folks after work today.  They were both home when I got there, and so we went to the bookstore, where I was very good and made no purchases.  I was quite proud of myself.  I did, of course, write down five books that I really need to get that I promptly added to my Wish List at Amazon (in case you're feeling in the need to shop for me.)  Plus I started reading Antonin Artaud's Theatre and Its Double and I need to finish that book.  It's awesome.  The preface felt, in scope, like Theatre of the Oppressed.  Tonight I'm gonna go see Bon Voyage at the Laemmle Playhouse.  I want it to be good so badly.  I hope it does not disappoint.  I also really want to see the new Ladykillers, but foreign flicks take priority over studio pictures, because I know I'll get to see the studio picture later if I want.  I wonder if I can get anyone to see Fellini's I Vitelloni in Westwood sometime next week.  Hmm.


Roommate just left.  Yay.  I love living alone... even if it's just for the weekend.  The parents took me to Stuart Anderson's.  It was fairly good.  I did have a nice rare steak that I enjoyed.  I also recorded the most hilarious voice mail message that I think I'm gonna have to delete in two days or so... it is too controversial.  But it made me laugh, so I kept it.


I'm sorry I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong.  That I know that I am, I am, I am the luckiest.  My new fucking favorite song.


I promptly moved an F.W. Murnau movie to the top of my Netflix list.  Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.  This Murnau was quite a visionary, I am realizing, (ignoring the heinous portrayal of him in that movie Shadow of the Vampire with Malkovich.)  Who knew?  Sunrise has really stuck with me.  My favorite part is the sequence with a drunk piglet.  It may be one of the most charming scenes ever filmed. 


I wish I were in love.  Fuck those people who hold hands in the mall.  I start hating on the breeders... but it's not really your fault.  It's just that I am alone.


Ain't that some shit.  Yay for James Ferguson.  What a genius he is.


So guess who will be teaching movement, intermediate acting, and directing Mud next quarter!  I actually know but I am not writing it on the web.  Linda told me... whatever.  She is so nuts that she says "would you teach a class if I hired you?"  Well, yeah, Linda, I would, but why bother suggesting this if you aren't gonna follow through.  It's a good thing that I stop myself from getting excited immediately.  I mean, I know she's not gonna really hire me, so it's silly to think about what I would do if I got hired.  No skin off my nose, I guess.  Whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment