Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

25 March 2004

Thoughts that come from Wickedwa

Um... some thoughts on Wahima's thoughts: Matthew Shepard was killed because he was gay in a hate-motivated act of violence. He wasn't raped. But what I wanted to say about the whole rape issue is that you seem to have kind of jumped on this idea that for a man to be entered is some kind of violation in general, and I don't really see it that way. Perhaps society sees it that way and that explains why the stigma for male rape is so much bigger. But men get fucked all the time all over the globe and enjoy it. Do you think that raping a woman steals some essence of her femininity from her? Why does raping a man steal his masculinity? Is this just because we view men as "fuckers" and women as "fuckees" in society? You, for instance, always use the terms 'male' and 'female' to define homosexual roles. And I object strongly to this, and have before. One really big point about the homosexual agenda is that we should not be subject to heterosexual roles. We as homosexuals are redefining those roles and should refuse to submit to them just because that's easier for hetero society. This has just as much impact on women as it does on homosexuals. Why does the woman always have to be the "fuckee"? How is femininity bound up somehow in being the 'entered' party? I don't think it is bound up in that. Does the fact that a man can fuck you make you a woman? Does the fact that a man can fuck me make me a woman? I would argue that it doesn't. Why am I "the guy" in the relationship if I have a particular taste for being a top? I think that trying to squeeze all of the wonderful dynamics of what it means to be a homosexual into a heterosexual box is nuts.
Pardon the pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment