Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

10 November 2004

Foreigner Part Dos

Someone--namely me--is spending way more time on The Foreigner than he ever did on Valparaiso. Grr. Dialect work is going fine... all of their dialects are going to be okay. Most of my work right now is with Jensen and his semi-cockney dialect, but that's because his is the hardest and he has a lot of fricking lines.

Chris Gelvin made me so fucking mad today. He kept fighting me. Linda specifically said to me "fix it." She left the room and told me to fix the scene. I know how to do that. But what I don't know how to do is fight with actors... because I've never had to do it before. Chris says to me "I'm doing this because the script says to" and "Well, Linda told us this..." and "There are question marks in the script." I finally said "I want you to try this and this and this and before you start to argue, I don't want you to fight me; what I want to do is see what I just said. Go." That Jamison kid can manage this: Gelvin just can't seem to. GRRR. I am not a moron. If you let me, I can help you. Perhaps you have no idea that your scene sucks and that I am here to fix it, but everyone else knows the scene sucks, so shut up and try my suggestions and maybe they will work. Ass.

I worked 9.25 hours today at Avjet. That's a lot of money. Woo hoo. Can you say chandelier? I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment