Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

07 September 2006

X-Men 3

So has everyone already seen X-men: the Last Stand? I know that shit came out May 26th and I know it's September 7th, but I saw it tonight for the first time. It was free, though, so I guess that's good.

Did everyone like the movie? I liked it. I mean, I know it's not Bryan Singer and all and the intelligence quotient of the film plummeted from the second to the third, but I still really liked it. I did groan a couple of times (at the cheap sentimentality), but I still hope they make a fourth one. I love X-men. It's my favorite of the comic book series (not that I'm well-educated in such matters.)

Also: any excuse to see Shohreh Aghdashloo is a good one, in my opinion. And I'd also like to say that Ian McKellan's Magneto is, like, my new gay hero. He's all about taking no prisoners. It reminded me a little of Rufus Wainwright's "Gay Messiah." I think Magneto is the Gay Messiah. Pray for your sins: the gay messiah's coming. It's Magneto in a fabulous outfit, oh yeah, and he can kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment